Scheduling & Pricing:
- Tar Heel Guitar Instruction (THGI) provides weekly individual lessons at $55 per hour lesson ($65 per hour lesson for one off students).
- THGI also offers half-hour lessons for children under 10 years of age at $27.50 per lesson.
- Hourly Semi-Private lessons (2-4 students) are also offered at $40 per student per lesson.
- Lessons are pre-paid by the month and tuition is due on or before the first lesson of the month. Tuition amount depends on the number of lessons a student intends and is scheduled to take in a given month.
- New students may pay for the first lesson individually with remaining tuition amount due on or before the second lesson.
- The preferred method of payment for THGI is by credit card. Online payments may be made via Square (invoices will be emailed containing instruction on how to remit payment). Credit cards are also accepted in-person. Check or cash will also be accepted. If paying by check, please make checks payable to Jason Derrick.
- If the student roster is full, the student will be placed on a waiting list and notified when slots become available.
Missed Lessons, Cancellations, & Tardiness:
- Individual lessons cancelled with 24 hours notice may be rescheduled or credited towards the following month’s tuition (THGI does not issue refunds).
- No more than one cancelled lesson per month may be credited towards the following month. Excessive cancellations may result in the student losing their time slot.
- Reschedules are not guaranteed and will be based on scheduling availability.
- Students may elect to place themselves on a “swap list” where they may contact other students on the list to request a lesson swap. Please inquire for more information.
- Reschedules or credits cannot be granted for semi-private instruction unless all students sharing the slot agree to a reschedule.
- Lessons cancelled under 24 hours must be paid for and may not be rescheduled unless due to emergency.
- Lessons cancelled by the instructor, for any reason, will be rescheduled or credited towards the following month.
- Students are expected to arrive and be prepared for their lesson on time. If a student is late, the lesson will still be held with whatever time is left and will end at the normal scheduled time.
- Holidays and vacations when lessons will not be held will be clearly indicated on the scheduling calendar.
All polices, including rates, are subject to change.
Updated: December 2015